About The Orangery
An elegant building in historic surroundings, situated within a one acre private walled garden and tucked away in a quiet, rural location in north Essex.
The Orangery is a versatile building suitable for professional, private and creative gatherings.
The walls between the three South facing terrace galleries can be removed to provide a single larger space. We work with you to adapt The Orangery to your needs.
HOW MANY GUESTS?
Welcome up to;
- 60 guests seated at round tables
- 60 guests in a conference or concert style
- 90 for cocktails and finger buffet
Additional seated space on the Long Terrace in the Walled Garden.
Features & Facilities
- Large free secured car park for up to 100+ cars
- Free Wifi
- Spacious rooms all with patio doors overlooking the terrace
- Black out blinds
- Flexible room layouts
- Additional space of the Walled Garden
- Choose in-house or outside catering services
Layout of The Orangery
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does an event cost?
Every event is unique. Do visit and discuss in detail your requirements.
How many guests can The Orangery accomodate?
The Orangery seats 60 guests at round tables, 60 in concert and conference layout and 90 for cocktails and finger buffet. The lovely Walled Garden, with seating, can be considered another large room in the summer!
What type of events can be hosted at The Orangery?
Family celebrations, receptions, art exhibitions, children's parties and corporate days.
What is the cost of hire?
The Orangery is available to hire throughout the year. We charge a low and high season hire fee.
The fee is dependent on your requirements. Please contact us.
Does The Orangery have recommended caterers?
Yes we offer a full catering service or you may bring in your own caterer, with the approrpriate public liability insurance.
How much parking is available?
There is enough parking for up to 100+ cars.
Is there wifi?
Yes - free.
Access for people with disabilities
The Orangery is accessible by car. There is no public transport. There is no allocated disabled parking but pre-arranged drop off directly outside the venue is available.
Parking is on 20mm gravel.
There are two access points for people with disabilities:
- From the car park - a short walk, about 30 paces, on pea shingle to the venue entrance. There is a step into the fernery entrance leading to The Orangery accessed by one other step.
- Alternatively there is level access from the pre-arranged drop off point, through the fernery, then a paved area and into The Orangery via wooden ramp.
The floor inside the venue is on one level. There is no disabled toilet. There is approx 5cm step into the toilet.
Images from Instagram